- The Sporting News predicted every bowl game of the 2017 postseason, tabbing Florida State vs. USC in the Rose Bowl. The site has USC defeating the Seminoles, and facing Alabama in the title game.
- SEC Country gives a deeper look at the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which is nearing completion and will host FSU’s season opener against Alabama.
- Alex Scarboroguh of ESPN breaks down College Football’s rise of the hybrid defender, using FSU’s Derwin James as an example.
James, who had 91 tackles and 4.5 sacks as a freshman before suffering a season-ending injury last season, has added cornerback to his already full plate this offseason and is said to be able to play all 11 positions on defense now, although we haven't seen him line up as defensive tackle just yet.
- Five-star DT Marvin Wilson has arrived in Tallahassee and is ready for his first collegiate football practices
I'm in Tallahassee for good all moved in‼️ #NoleNation #GONOLES— Hollywood Marv (@RDMW6) June 1, 2017
- Four-star LB Teradja Mitchell will be making his commitment announcement later today. Florida State is battling with Ohio State for the No. 38 overall prospect in the nation according to 247 Composite Rankings. Stay tuned to Tomahawk Nation later on Friday for the latest news on Mitchell’s announcement.
- UF picked up a blue-shirt commit in four-star DB Amari Burney.
- In Joe Lunardi’s latest pre-season bracketology rankings, FSU is among one of eight ACC teams in the tournament, with Lunardi projecting the Seminoles as a No. 6 seed.
- Florida State baseball kicks off the Tallahassee regional with a game vs. No. 4 seed Tennessee State on Friday. First pitch is scheduled for 6 PM and live coverage will be provided on Tomahawk Nation.
- Former All-American Terrell Buckley was among the names on the 2018 ballot for induction into the College Football Hall of Fame.
Former Florida State All-American Terrell Buckley is listed on the 2018 ballot for the induction into the College Football Hall of Fame.— Asher Wildman (@AsherWildMan6) June 1, 2017