We know that you, like, totally love the ’80s. But, with regard to Florida State football uniform numbers, which player who wore a jersey in the 80s do you think was the max? There are myriad contenders, but we’re limiting this Members Only club to those who you’ve already deemed the best at each number.
Here are the winners, from the poll we ran last year, including the percentage of votes received by each player. Click on the links to check out the players’ respective accomplishments:
- No. 89: Receiver Greg Carr (81% of vote)
- No. 88: Receiver Kez McCorvey (65% of vote)
- No. 87: Receiver Robert Morgan (61% of vote)
- No. 86: Receiver Justin Motlow (49% of vote)
- No. 85: Defensive end Andre Wadsworth (75% of vote)
- No. 84: Tight end Gary Parris (55% of vote)
- No. 83: Linebacker Lawrence Timmons (83% of vote)
- No. 82: Receiver Rhett Dawson (51% of vote)
- No. 81: Receiver Kenny Shaw (47% of vote)
- No. 80: Receiver Rashad Greene (84% of vote)
All caught up? Let’s get to the voting. Push up those sport coat sleeves, adjust your ridiculously large shoulder pads, and cast your ballot below.
Which Seminole was the best to wear an 80-something on his back?
This poll is closed
No. 89 Greg Carr
No. 88 Kez McCorvey
No. 87: Robert Morgan
No. 86: Justin Motlow
No. 85: Andre Wadsworth
No. 84: Gary Parris
No. 83: Lawrence Timmons
No. 82: Rhett Dawson
No. 81: Kenny Shaw
No. 80: Rashad Greene
Did you miss last week’s installment in this series? Don’t worry, be happy— you can still vote on the top player to wear a jersey in the 90s right here. Spoiler alert: those jerseys did not include a flannel shirt tied around the waist. Sorry.
Be sure to check back next week, when we vote on the best of those who wore numbers in the 70s, man.