Jimbo Fisher is doing the ESPN “Carwash” Tuesday. We will attempt to capture anything important that he says. If we miss anything, let us know in the comments section.
Mike & Mike
- Full audio from Jimbo Fisher can be found here from his appearance on Mike & Mike.
- Fisher calls 2017 one of his most experienced teams.
- Fisher says he believes the conferences are starting to level out as talent spreads out.
- Fisher says Florida State typically offers about five freshmen per year, but only if they have that physical (maturity of an upperclassmen).
- Mike and Mike say that both teams in the Florida State v. Alabama game need to have a lot of credit given, win or lose, in consideration for the playoff.
- Fisher said colored effort jerseys are effective because players care more about what other players think about them than what the coaches think of them. It creates player accountability to each other.
- Fisher says he doesn’t know whose shoes are the toughest to fill, but plays along with the question and says Dalvin Cook and Demarcus Walker. He says that’s the challenge of Florida State, you are always having to replace great players.
- Jimbo Fisher says Deondre Francois is emerging as a leader and communicator.
Jimbo Fisher has gone 78-17 in seven seasons at Florida State, the best winning percentage for a coach in ACC history. pic.twitter.com/MFaZRWXHe8— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) July 25, 2017
@finebaum - 1:15 pm
@stephenasmith - 1:30 pm
@ESPNCFB - 2:40 pm