- In the latest ACC football championship odds according to Vegas, Florida State still leads Clemson with the ’Noles odds currently at +110.
- It was an eventful Florida State practice on Tuesday with Jimbo Fisher finally giving an update on Matthew Thomas’ mysterious illness.
- Our own Dakota Moyer wrote the preseason preview of Florida State’s game vs. Florida.
- Freshman defensive back Hamsah Nasirildeen is making a fast first impression on the FSU staff and fellow players.
- In case you missed it, check out an in-depth look inside Atlanta’s new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, host of Florida State vs. Alabama.
- Sports Illustrated nominated NC State as a sleeper that could emerge in the ACC.
The Wolfpack wouldn’t be flying this far under the national radar had they won one of two close games last season. The first was a 24–17 overtime loss at eventual national champion Clemson in October in which NC State kicker Kyle Bambard missed a 33-yard field goal at the end of regulation. The second was a four-point home defeat to Florida State in November wherein the Wolfpack led deep into the fourth quarter, only for Seminoles quarterback Deondre Francois to hit NFL-bound wideout Travis Rudolph for a 19-yard touchdown with just over three minutes remaining one play after nearly throwing a potentially game-sealing interception.
NC State takes just one of those close decisions, and it heads into this season as the clearest threat to shake up the ACC’s duopoly. Instead, the Wolfpack have been reduced to scrapping for “Others receiving votes” love, and Dave Doeren is showing up on coaching hot seat lists. Doeren needs to offer evidence of progress in 2017; the Wolfpack have posted a 25–26 record during his four years in Raleigh, and they haven’t notched anything that remotely qualifies as a signature win. That drought ought to end this year, as NC State hosts both Clemson and Louisville, our No. 7 and No. 14 teams, respectively.
- Florida State picked up a three-star linebacker recruit in Rosendo Louis from the South Florida area.
- The newest Seminoles pledge made his announcement with style — you got to check it out.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers kicker Roberto Aguayo was a big topic of discussion regarding episode 2 of HBO’s Hard Knocks. Look for a detailed review of the episode and ordeal coming out at 7 AM.