- Sports Illustrated and ESPN both thought FSU DB Derwin James was the No. 1 player in College Football. However, on 247’s list of top College Football players for the 2017 season, Derwin James was ranked No. 2 behind Louisville’s QB Lamar Jackson. The ‘Noles did have five players ranked inside the top 100 though.
- Athlon Sports listed some reasons that Florida State will make the College Football Playoff this season while making counterpoints on why the Seminoles will miss the bracket.
- Georgia State bought Turner Stadium from the city of Atlanta and transformed the former home of the Atlanta Braves to a football stadium that the school will use this upcoming season. The pictures from the completed project look pretty cool.
- Greg Cote of the MIAMI Herald broke down for the local Miami Hurricanes fans why Florida State is still the better football team. He told it to them straight when referencing how many players in the ESPN top 50 each team had.
- In case you missed it, Florida State vs. Alabama will be the site of College Gameday’s first 2017 appearance.
- Did you know you could buy a ticket to every single home and away Florida State football game AND pay for gas round-trip to those road games from Tallahassee for a cheaper price than a sideline ticket to Alabama? In fact, the cheapest Alabama vs. FSU ticket will run you $200 more than all other 11 Seminoles games combined.
- In the latest Nolecast, Bud and Ingram break down Jimbo Fisher’s opening press conference and the position depth-chart rankings that Fisher says are settled. (But are they really?)
- Even though he isn’t a fan of RPOs, Jimbo Fisher will continue to use them and play by the rules.
- Here are the implications on the 11 drastic weight changes for some Florida State football players.
- According to Josh Newberg of 247, Florida State offered 2020 wide receiver Deajuan McDougle. The 5’10 175 lb. receiver that was at Jimbo Fisher camp in July now has a total of eight offers.