- TNIIAM broke down the ACC’s defensive lines, giving a nod to the Florida State corps naming them No. 1 in the conference.
There was plenty of Clemson talk above, but Florida State’s front is more of a team game than it is about individual standouts -- neither’s all that problematic when you have four- and five-star talent, though. FSU brings back Burns, Josh Sweat, Derrick Nnandi and DeMarcus Christmas across the line. All have breakout potential, but circle Burns and Sweat especially, at the end positions.
- Florida State took to the practice fields yet again on Thursday. Here’s the full scoop from Curt and myself.
- FSU ended up with the No. 3 ranking in the preseason Coaches Poll behind Alabama at No. 1 and Ohio State at No. 2.
- New Tomahawk Nation addition Dakota Moyer broke down the importance of a stable offensive line — something Florida State has not had of recent.
- The NCAA writes about how Alabama is eager to begin the 2017 season following its National Championship loss to Clemson.
- A lot has changed since the introduction of the College Football Playoff. Here’s ESPN’s Heather Dinich on many of the implications the system has had on College Football.
- No. 1 2019 dual-threat QB Bo Nix narrowed his list of schools down to eight. Among Florida State is Auburn, Clemson, Ohio State, Florida, Alabama, LSU and Georgia. 247 spoke to the recruit about his process.
- Could former walk-on DB Javien Elliott be a starter in 2017 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?
Javien Elliott's story continues to grow, from FSU walk-on to scholarship to making Bucs' roster to ... starting? https://t.co/zJvmXdZMh6— Greg Auman (@gregauman) August 3, 2017
- Defensive back Marquez White played for the Cowboys in their preseason opener vs. the Cards in the Hall of Fame Game. He made 1 tackle.