Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith return with another episode of the Nolecast, the No. 1 FSU podcast.
The Nolecast is available on Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Stitcher, Google Play Music, Soundcloud, Overcast, and many other fine podcast providers.
Follow The Nolecast on Twitter @Nolecast.
As always, The Nolecast is brought to you by Louisiana Hot Sauce, and the fine restaurants of the Tallahassee For The Table Restaurant Group (Madison Social, Township, and Centrale).
Listen to the show on the player below this article, or click here to listen.
It’s time to preview Alabama. Let’s go.
- How much does Nick Saban’s record against his former assistants who become head coaches, and in opening games actually matter?
- The relationship and commonalities of Florida State and Alabama’s staff.
- Let’s chat about all the scouting that goes into a game like this.
- How FSU should attack Alabama’s defense? Can FSU run its standard pro-style offense? ... Who was the last pro-style team to beat Alabama? ... Can FSU go hurry-up? Should it? ... How much should the Seminoles run Deondre Francois? ... How much should the Seminoles change things up?
- How many points does it take to beat Alabama, and how to plan for scoring that many points.
- And on defense, playing to win and playing to keep things close are two separate things. Do you risk loading up against the run and possible exposing yourself to long passes? Jalen Hurts may be an improved passer, but FSU’s defense will have to see it to believe it. If he has become a great passer, yikes.
- The role of Derwin James in impacting Hurts.
- Who are the potential key players for FSU in this game? Who should FSU look to minimize exposure of? How much should FSU blitz? Do you go all-out against the run?
- Special teams talk
- A bonus feature.