- With Florida State having its game vs. ULM cancelled and its game vs. Miami rescheduled there could be different implications for the Seminoles as far as bowl eligibility. However, as Alex Kirshner explains, it shouldn’t affect FSU’s playoff chances.
- In its latest bowl projections, Sports Illustrated has FSU pegged for the Citrus Bowl vs. UGA.
- SI also gives a rundown and explanation for the sudden surge of true freshmen earning an opportunity to play in meaningful games.
- Citing the numerical odds, Bill Connelly of SB Nation has Florida State’s College Football Playoff odds at 3.4 percent, behind 17 schools including Miami, VT, TCU, and Michigan among others.
- Rick Bozich explains from a Louisville perspective why 2017 Clemson would be the more important win for UL over the defeat of FSU in 2016. Some of these reasons also apply for Florida State this upcoming season.
- LSU is trying to swoon five-star QB target Justin Fields away from favorites Florida State, Georgia and Auburn.
- 2019 four-star defensive back Brendan Gant has Florida State among Ohio State, UF and Oregon in his current top four.
- Dalvin Cook had a breakout career opening game for Minnesota, breaking Adrian Peterson’s Vikings record for most rushing yards in a debut. As the Chicago Tribune writes, Cook made it clear 2017 is the year of the rookie running back.