One major high school all-star game down, one to go. The Under Armour All-America Game is in the books, and the attention of all college football recruiting enthusiasts has shifted from Orlando to San Antonio, where the U.S. Army All-American Bowl will be played on Saturday, January 6.
Which players tied to FSU will be participating? Let’s begin with those currently pledged to the Seminoles:
- Jaiden Woodbey (Bellflower, CA), 5-star FSU safety signee. West team, No. 1
- D’Marcus Adams (Daytona Beach, FL), 4-star FSU receiver commit. East team, No. 82
Of course, the official National Signing Day doesn’t come until February, and the ’Noles are still pursuing a number of unsigned targets— here are the ones participating in this all-star game:
- Patrick Surtain, Jr. (Fort Lauderdale, FL), 5-star uncommitted cornerback: FSU doesn’t appear to have much traction here. East team, No. 2.
- William Barnes (Apopka, FL), 4-star uncommitted offensive tackle: Florida is the perceived leader, but might not be a lock. East team, No. 67.
- Brendan Radley-Hiles (Bradenton, FL), 4-star uncommitted cornerback: He is committing during the game, and Oklahoma is FSU’s main competition. West team, No. 44.
- Jaylen Waddle (Bellaire, TX), 4-star uncommitted receiver: FSU is in the mix, but not seen as a leader. West team, No. 17.
- J.J. Peterson (Moultrie, GA), 4-star uncommitted outside linebacker: Committing during the game, but FSU will push for a visit after. East team, No. 45.
- Kelvin Joseph (Baton Rouge, LA), 4-star uncommitted safety. West team, No. 20.
- Harold Joiner (Birmingham, AL), 4-star uncommitted running back. West team, No. 5.
The game will be broadcast on NBC at 1 pm, eastern time.