Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith return with a Nolecast breaking down FSU at NC State. The Nolecast is the No. 1 Florida State Seminoles podcast.
Listen in the player below this article, or on Apple Podcasts (iTunes), Stitcher, or Google Play Music
Show notes are as follows, roughly in order
Show outline as follows, roughly.
N.C. State O (35th) v. FSU D
- Multiple spread looks
- Consistency: Been 75th percentile or above in all games against Clemson, and 86+ in four of last five.
- More efficient (27th) than explosive (63rd)
- Have not been great at finishing drives with TDs (81st)
- The run game sucks (90th)
- But the passing game is great (6th!!). Ryan Finley is damn good.
- Gets the ball out super quick. 1.5% sack rate! 2nd best in the nation.
- 67% completions.
- Excellent on passing downs
- Kelvin Harmon is the big play threat (11 yards/target)
- Throwing to the TE less this year
- Will show some tempo, but not like a Wake or Clemson
- OL is OK, but have also really faced only one good DL
- Who will be sitting for FSU?
N.C. State D (49th) v. FSU O
- Excellent against the run (10th)
- 92nd against the pass
- Better on long down/distance that on standard downs
- Must keep them honest on early downs. Both with screens, quicks, and especially play action.
- L2W the secondary has had major issues.
- Gotta get Germaine Pratt blocked. Run is funneled to him. Double the tackles of anyone else.
- Excellent size up front should give FSU problems.
- Blackman discussion
- Timing of the move
- What do we expect
Plus some bonus content. Enjoy.