Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith return with the 26th Nolecast episode of 2018. The Nolecast is the No. 1 Florida State Seminoles podcast.
- Softball: We play a new game — Jessie or Barry ... Let’s discuss Washington’s catcher
- Baseball: A good season and a blunder some national experts are calling a “fireable offense”
- Important persons touring facilities
- Elite 11 and impressions of QB Sam Howell and the QB class.
- Nick Cross official still in two weeks
- Derrick McLendon gonna commit at the end of the month
These questions are presented as they come to us. They are not edited or in AP style.
- How about them national champion lady Noles! I loved the commentary from @BudElliot3 on Twitter during the championship run. Here is my question: what impact, if any, does the softball national championship have on the football team, the FSU athletic department, and the ACC? Thanks and go Noles!
- After reading through Bud’s piece on Sam Howell and how he did at Elite 11, it made me think about recruiting rankings. How much of rankings is based on potential compared to what a recruit has done on the field? I think Howell seeks to be fairly accurately rated, but at times there seems to be QBs that are rated based on having prototypical measurables even if their film isn’t great. I have seen this more in QB recruits, but I’m sure it happens at every position.
Buy or Sell
- The FSU/VT opening will be highest attended FSU home game in the last 3 seasons
- Within the next 2 signing classes, LB will be deepest position
- Within the next 2 signing classes, WR will be the deepest position
- Nick Saban retires within the next 4 years.