At last weekend’s ACC kickoff, we learned a few things. One was that the conference media really likes Clemson. Shocker. And probably deserved. Another was that only a couple of ’Noles are considered elite ACC performers, the fewest Seminoles on the preseason all-conference list since 2010.
We also came to know that FSU kicker Ricky Aguayo had been named a preseason All-ACC selection, while his compatriot, punter Logan Tyler, received no such commendation. Until now.
Tyler is among one of 27 initial watch-list nominees for the 2018 Ray Guy Award, presented annually to the country’s top punter. Seminole representatives Cam Akers and Brian Burns have each described Tyler as the ’Nole most likely to ascend to the presidency, but, evidently, he has a shot at the nation’s top punter spot as well.
This is the complete Guy WL:
- Adam Nunez, TCU
- A.J. Cole,III, NC State
- Alex Kinney, Colorado
- Anthony Lotti, Wisconsin
- Austin Seibert, Oklahoma
- Bailey Cate, Old Dominion
- Blake Gillikin, Penn State
- Caleb Lightbourn, Nebraska
- Cody Grace, Arkansas State
- Corey Fatony, Missouri
- Corliss Waitman, South Alabama
- Dane Roy, Houston
- Derek Adams, Kent State
- Drue Chrisman, Ohio State
- Jake Bailey, Stanford
- Jake Hartbarger, Michigan State
- Jamie Sackville, SMU
- Joe Schopper, Purdue
- Logan Tyler, Florida State
- Matt Bonadies, Middle Tennessee
- Mitch Wishnowsky, Utah
- Oscar Bradburn, Virginia Tech
- Pressley Harvin III, Georgia Tech
- Ryan Stonehouse, Colorado State
- Stefan Flintoft, UCLA
- Sterling Hofrichter, Syracuse
- Wade Lees, Maryland
No Seminole has ever won this award.