Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith return with the 48th Nolecast episode of 2018. The Nolecast is the No. 1 Florida State Seminoles podcast.
Show notes are as follows, roughly in order
Bud and Ingram go over the Syracuse game, Willie Taggart’s press conference, and what the team can and cannot be going forward.
- Worried about a fractured team, must prevent that
- Getting Deondre Francois out of the pocket more. Francois running comments. Would rather run him and have him get hit than have him get hit blindside. Wants him to run, and wants him to climb the pocket.
- Did max protect some, can’t all the time, and it didn’t even work that well
- “Developing them quicker than we wanted to” | Some guys playing weren’t expected to play on ol (second time this has come up, consistent with what we heard) | Burning redshirt on OL? | OL Panicking -- we’ve been saying this about Willliams for a while
- “Play here or there” -- largely BS, but probably said to keep spirits high
- Discipline, slowing down to eliminate presnap penalties, but better yet figure out how to eliminate in practice
- Punting comment about off time -- is Logan being slow? Special teams
- Establish an identity need to run the ball
- Making changes for where you are going as a program -- smart not to scrap your Year 1 building.
- Social media -- if people think players didn’t see everything said on social media under prior staff, they’re idiots. They would DM me/US/others if they didn’t like it something said, they just wouldn’t post publicly. The impact of what they see is the same. Accounts weren’t deleted or deactivated. And snapchat/instagram never went away.
- What he can’t say: Just how bad the OL is | What none of the QBs really stood out
- What can get better