FSU (3-2, 2-1 ACC) is fresh off a bye week and one of its more decisive wins in the Willie Taggart era, beating NC State 31-13 with the defense leading the way.
Using the time off to correct some of their own issues, FSU now finds itself staring down their main divisional rival, the reigning national champion Clemson Tigers (5-0, 3-0 ACC). The Tigers opened as whopping 27.5 point favorites, and the game is in Death Valley. Florida State’s program is a few ticks behind Clemson’s, but then again so is North Carolina and the Tar Heels took Clemson to the wire in their last game. Hope springs eternal.
Last but not least, Gene Deckerhoff will call the first quarter of the game before hopping on a plane and flying to London to call the Bucs vs. Panthers, so his consecutive streak of calling FSU games (since 1979) will remain alive. He did a similar thing back in 2011. Tom Block will continue the call.
Here’s everything you need to tune in today and find out if Florida State can avoid getting dragged behind the woodshed:
Time, TV channel, streaming info
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: Clemson, South Carolina, Clemson Memorial Stadium “Death Valley” (81,500)
- TV: ABC PBP: Steve Levy Analyst: Brian Griese Sidelines: Todd McShay
- Streaming: Hulu Live, Youtube TV, Playstation Vue, Sling, ESPN+
- Listen: Local Tallahassee 103.1 FM PBP: Gene Deckerhoff Analyst: William Floyd Sidelines: Tom Block, click here for a full list of affiliates
- Satellite Radio: SXM Streaming 990
- Weather: 78 degrees. Humidity at 44%, heat index around 80 degrees. Chance of rain, 10 percent, winds WSW at about 7 mph.