You’d think there’d be no movement this late in the season, but you’d be wrong! We also unveil some brand new tiers.
[Horizontal lines indicate tiers, in addition to being horizontal lines]
1. Clemson (10-0, 7-0 ACC) Aggregate Rank: 1; Movement: None
So, just because you’ve got a perfect record you think you’re better than everyone else?
2. Virginia (7-3, 5-2 ACC) AR: 2.75; Movement: None
I’m old enough to remember when Virginia was bad.
3. Wake Forest (7-2, 3-2 ACC) AR: 3.91; Movement: None
Wake is only good once every five years and yet I’m already sick of them.
4. Miami (FL) (6-4, 4-3 ACC) AR: 4; Movement: Up one
It really hurt to put Miami in this tier. They don’t deserve it. But neither does FSU.
5. Florida State (5-5, 4-4 ACC) AR: 5.5; Movement: Down one
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
6. North Carolina (4-5, 3-3 ACC) AR: 5.83; Movement: None
When you think about it, the Tar Heels have quietly been very annoying lately.
7. Pitt (6-3, 3-2 ACC) AR: 6.33; Movement: None
I want to like Pitt, yet they keep letting me down. How do you hold Miami to 3.5 yards per play and still lose?
8. Louisville (5-4, 3-3 ACC) AR: 7.41; Movement: None
Are you still here?
9. Duke (4-5, 2-3 ACC) AR: 9.66; Movement: None
The Fightin’ Cutcliffe’s are like a low-rent energizer bunny.
10. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (6-3, 3-2 ACC) AR: 10.33; Movement: Up one
Somehow the Hokies are climbing up the board just in time to get eaten.
11. NC State (4-5, 1-4 ACC) AR: 10.66; Movement: Down one
If I skip this one no one will notice or care.
12. Boston College (5-5, 3-4 ACC) AR: 11.66; Movement: Up one
Thank u, next
13. Syracuse (3-6, 0-5 ACC) AR: 12; Movement: Down one
That’s what you get for having orange as a main color.
14. Georgia Tech (2-7, 1-5 ACC) AR: 14; Movement: None
Honorable Mention: UMass
I hear you’re so bad they’re thinking of canceling the football program? How delightful.