Well, here we are.
Despite being small favorites, FSU (4-5, 2-4 ACC) lost by three scores at home to their rival, the Miami Hurricanes, last week 27-10 in a sloppy performance. Florida State didn’t waste any time, firing head coach Willie Taggart the day after the game. Defensive line coach Odell Haggins was named the interim coach for the second time in two years.
Now the ’Noles have their backs up against a wall. While the administration searches for a new coach the Seminoles must still take the field and try to become bowl eligible. With a likely win against Alabama State next week ahead of what appears to be a likely loss to the Florida Gators to end the regular season, Florida State must win against the Boston College Eagles (5-4, 3-3 ACC) today if they are going to go bowling this year. After opening as a pick ‘em game the line has moved to FSU being slight underdogs of 1.5 to 2.5 points.
Here’s everything you need to tune in today and find out if Florida State can avoid a two-year bowl-less streak:
Time, TV channel, streaming info
- Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Location: Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, Alumni Stadium (44,500)
- TV: ACC PBP: Wes Durham Analyst: Roddy Jones Sidelines: Eric Wood
- Streaming: Hulu Live, Youtube TV, Playstation Vue, Sling
- Listen: Local Tallahassee 103.1 FM PBP: Gene Deckerhoff Analyst: William Floyd Sidelines: Tom Block, click here for a full list of affiliates
- Satellite Radio: Sirius XM 972
- Weather: 39 degrees and mostly sunny. Humidity at 35%, wind chill of 34 degrees. Chance of rain, zero percent. Winds SW at about 8 mph.