A loss is a loss is a loss, but even though Florida State came up short against UVA on Saturday night, that doesn’t mean that there weren’t some positives to take from this game, along with the Seminoles’ shortcomings.
Our Bud Elliott weighs in on both with this week’s instant-reaction Nolecast, touching on topics including but not limited to:
- The ’Noles performing better against a good defense than many of us anticipated
- James Blackman’s disappointing evening, despite some nice pocket movement
- Some solid creativity on play-calling that helped FSU neutralize an aggressive blitzing attack from the Cavaliers
- Why Tamorrion Terry has to step-up his game
- Improved rush defense from the ’Noles
- How despite a better defensive performance, the Seminoles still must continue to improve if calls for its coaches to be fired are to cease
- Overall, there’s room for optimism, assuming that Florida State doesn’t quit
You can listen by clicking the link below.