The 4th-ranked Florida State Seminoles and the Clemson Tigers will be kicking off at noon today from Memorial Stadium in Clemson, S.C., in an ACC matchup that could determine one, or both, of the participants in the ACC championship game.
This season, with the elimination of the Atlantic and Coastal Divisions, the ACC Football Champion will be decided in the Championship Game between the top two postseason-eligible teams with the highest percentage of wins during the regular-season.
Florida State Seminoles (3-0, 1-0 ACC) will be looking to remain undefeated in conference play while the unranked Clemson Tigers (2-1, 0-1 ACC) will be trying to defeat the Noles for the 8th straight time. The two teams have represented the conference in the ACC Championship Game 13 times in 14 years since 2009.
FSU has won 18 consecutive games when the Noles are in the Top 5 against unranked teams, but the home team in this series has won 15 of the last 20 games.
Florida State holds a 20-15 advantage in the series, but Clemson has a 13-6 advantage over the last 19 games, including a seven-game active winning streak.
FSU QB Jordan Travis, the only player in FSU history with at least 50 passing TDs and 25 rushing TDs, and the FSU career record holder for rushing yards and rushing touchdowns for a quarterback, is coming off an average 16-of-24 passes for 212 yards and two touchdown performance against Boston College.
The Seminole offensive line did not allow a tackle for loss or a sack in the Noles win against Boston College for the first time against an FBS opponent since 2012 against Murray State, while the FSU defense had a season high 10.0 TFL against the Eagles.
According to DraftKings, the Seminoles are a 2.5-point favorite against the Tigers, with the over/under set at 55.
Join us here in each quarter-by-quarter live game thread and show your support, while sharing in all the emotions, excitement, and frustrations, that being a true NOLE is all about.
UPDATE: Clemson will be down offensive lineman Walker Parks and wide receiver Antonio Williams in today’s matchup.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers Game Threads:
- Please move to the FIRST QUARTER THREAD 15 MINUTES BEFORE KICKOFF
- At the end of the first quarter, please move to the SECOND QUARTER THREAD
- After halftime, the cool kids will be meeting at the THIRD QUARTER THREAD
- When the third quarter ends, please move to the FOURTH QUARTER THREAD
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- TN Staff Predictions: Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers
- How To Watch: Florida State vs. Clemson: How to watch, stream, TV info, game notes, odds
- Depth Chart: FSU releases projected depth chart for Clemson matchup
- 2023 Florida State Schedule Preview: Clemson-Once again, Seminoles vs. Tigers has importance
- College Football Picks: Week 4 Picks, DFS Plays & Podcast: Clemson, Notre Dame, Alabama and Oregon host big games
- Line of Scrimmage: How do FSU and Clemson match up? Breaking down Tigers vs. Seminoles with Ryan Kantor of Shakin the Southland
- Whiteboard Review: How Boston College’s explosive plays almost upset the ’Noles
- Podcast: What happened vs. Boston College? Can FSU snap losing streak to Clemson?
- Making the grade: What advanced analytics say about Florida State’s offensive line against Boston College
- FSU Practice Notes: “It’s a very small margin for error:” News, notes and observations from FSU’s Wednesday practice
- FSU Practice Notes: Actions speak louder: News and notes from FSU’s first practice of Clemson week
- Media Monday: Mike Norvell, FSU coordinators look back on Boston College, preview Clemson
- Survey: How confident are FSU fans in Seminoles’ ACC title chances?
- NEW RECRUITING THREAD #12 is up- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting - OFFICIAL Tribe ‘24 Recruiting and Transfer Portal Thread #12
Saturday, September 23rd
Odds/lines are subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.