For the first time this season, Florida State Seminoles football is rocking its traditional road uniforms.
FSU is taking on NC State in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Through seven games, FSU has worn all-garnet (vs. Georgia Tech), all-white (vs. Miami, Louisville), traditional home (vs. Jacksonville State, North Carolina) and white and garnet (vs. Notre Dame).
“Obviously [FSU has] one of the great uniform combinations and traditions in all of college football,” head coach Mike Norvell said at the beginning of the season when asked about the Seminoles’ uniforms.
“I think as we move forward, you could see some different combinations...that is something we will always evaluate and make sure that our uniform is celebrated as one of the greatest in all of college football. We want to represent our wonderful tradition.”
Game Notes via FSU Sports Info
- Florida State hits the road for the fourth time this season, traveling to face North Carolina State in the primetime matchup on ACC Network. The Seminoles lead the all-time series 27-13 (.675), including 11-8 (.579) in Raleigh. FSU, which earned a 31-13 victory over the Wolfpack last season, has won five of the last seven games in the series.
- Jordan Travis has scored at least one rushing touchdown in five straight games, the longest streak by a quarterback in school history. His 88-yard rushing score vs. Pitt broke a tie with Charlie Ward, who scored on the ground in four straight games in 1992, and Christian Ponder, who had a four-game streak in 2008.
- Jordan Travis’ 88-yard run vs. Pitt was the 5th-longest touchdown rush in program history, and longest run by a quarterback, and is tied for the 3rd-longest rush in the NCAA this season.
- In its four games during October, Florida State averaged 230.5 rushing yards and 443.5 yards of total offense per game, ranking 4th and 7th, respectively, in the ACC. The rushing yards total was 15th nationally in October, while the total offense average ranked 29th in the nation. The Seminoles’ average of 5.46 yards per carry also ranked 4th in the conference and 17th in FBS.
- Florida State is averaging 189.7 rushing yards per game this season, ranking 4th in the ACC and 22nd nationally among teams that have played at least five games in 2020.