Is this that certain part of the game where hearts might get ripped out, then a bite taken out of said heart before it being spit out?
According to DraftKings, Florida State is presently a 1.5 point road underdog vs. Boston College, with the over/under set at 54.5 points.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Boston College Eagles:
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- Depth chart for FSU vs Boston College shows just one major change after its win vs. Miami-Freshman Omarion Cooper is now listed as a co-starter alongside Jarrian Jones.
- READ Live updates from Mike Norvell’s Monday press conference as FSU football is coming off their biggest win of Mike Norvell’s tenure
- HOW TO WATCH Florida State football: FSU vs. Boston College: How to watch, stream, channel -Seminoles head on the road to take on the Eagles
- READ and WATCH “It was everything that Florida State and Miami should be:” Norvell reviews big rivalry win over Miami “Our guys never flinched. They played till the end, they battled.”
- Perry gives you the Vegas odds, spread, and over/under and that ‘The Seminoles are once again an underdog on the road”
- WATCH and READ as FSU Offensive Coordinator Kenny Dillingham reviews FSU’s offensive performance vs. Miami and praises Jordan Travis - “We’ve got special kids, that’s it man.”
- Max Escarpio keeps track so you don’t have to, of the FSU Football ’Noles in the Pros - Ronald Darby shines in tough loss
- WATCH and READ as Florida State coaches Adam Fuller and John Papuchis review the win over Miami - “When your best players are your hardest workers, that sets the tone for everybody.”
- Did you know that FSU’s Jermaine Johnson was named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week for the fourth time this season? This comes on the heels of Keir Thomas being named ACC defensive lineman last week for his two sacks against the Wolfpack
- READ and WATCH Tommy’s personal observations from FSU football Tuesday’s practice report: Boston College week - along with video interviews with FSU QB Jordan Travis and DB Omarion Cooper, who talks about his big interception against Miami, playing as a true freshman, and his mindset on being successful.
- LISTEN TO The ‘Seminole Wrap’ as our guest rappers this week are Brian Pellerin, Juan Montalvo III, and Tommy Mire, who talk about FSU’s big win vs. Miami and preview Boston College, and then they lay down some fire beats.
- READ and WATCH Tommy’s personal observations from Florida State’s Wednesday practice report - Shipping up to Boston - The latest news and updates from FSU football practice, featuring video interviews with Dillan Gibbons and Kalen DeLoach
- Did you LISTEN to The Florida State of Recruiting Podcast with NoleThruandThru, Josh Pick, and TimScribble where they discuss ‘How will the Miami win translate to recruiting? Fake momentum...or massive effects for years to come?’
- WATCH FSU Head coach Mike Norvell speak after Wednesday’s practice - “It’s gonna take all physicality, all intensity, and everything we have against this very talented Boston College team”
- WATCH and READ ”The Triple Option’: FSU vs. Miami Film Review - How did FSU pull off their big time win?
- Did you read that FSU freshman defensive back Omarion Cooper earned double ACC honors - Some well-deserved honors for the Seminoles emerging star?
- Please check out Jon Marchant’s FSU football opponent Q&A: This week we’re having fun talking with Niraj Patel from BC Interruption, SBN’s blog for the Boston College Eagles. We chatted about Ted Lasso, indie bands, and duh, the game.
- If you haven’t already, check out Brian Pellerin’s latest College Football Week 12 Picks: Ohio State & Michigan State battle in CFP elimination game while Wake Forest gets its chance for an “impressive” victory
- NEW RECRUITING THREAD #20 NOW OPEN FOR VIP MEMBERS ONLY- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting - ‘THE OFFICIAL Tribe ‘22 Recruiting Thread #20
- BONUS RECRUITING COVERAGE - Florida State of Recruiting: Can FSU take advantage of the current college football landscape? by Tim Scribble, NoleThruandThru, and Josh Pick
Game notes via Seminoles.com
- The Seminoles have converted 25 consecutive Red Zone trips for a total of 150 points, the longest active streak in the ACC and 3rd-longest active streak in the country (via ESPN Stats & Info). It is also the program’s longest Red Zone scoring streak since converting 31 straight across the 2016 and 2017 seasons. FSU was 1-for-1 with a touchdown in the Red Zone against Louisville, 6-for-6 against Syracuse, scoring four touchdowns and two field goals, 3-for-3 at North Carolina with three touchdowns, 6-for-6 against UMass with five touchdowns and one field goal, 1-for-1 at Clemson with a touchdown, 2-for-2 with two touchdowns against North Carolina State and 6-for-6 with three touchdowns and three field goals vs. Miami.
- FSU ranks 1st in the ACC and 18th in the country with a 71.4 Red Zone touchdown percentage this season (25-of-35).
- Florida State has recorded at least one interception in six straight games, the program’s longest streak since 2014, and has 12 total takeaways in those games. The Seminoles’ season total of 16 takeaways ranks 2nd in the ACC.
- The Seminoles have rushed for at least 200 yards in six of their first 10 games this season and are one of 14 teams with six 200-yard rushing games this year. The last time FSU produced six 200-yard rushing games in a 10-game span was 2017 when the Seminoles rushed for at least 200 yards in six of the final 10 games of the season.
- In the 21 seasons from 1995-2020, Florida State had at least six 200-yard rushing games in a season five times (1995, 2002, 2012, 2013, 2017). FSU posted four 200-yard rushing games in nine contests in 2020 and is averaging 193.4 rushing yards per game in 19 games under Mike Norvell.
- Florida State has produced a 100-yard rusher in six of its first 10 games of 2021, one of only seven teams in the country to have at least six different games with a 100-yard rusher and six 200-yard rushing games as a team this year. Running back Jashaun Corbin has four 100-yard games, the 4th-highest total in the ACC, and quarterback Jordan Travis has two 100-yard games, 3rd among ACC quarterbacks and 8th-most overall in the conference.
- Florida State is tied for 11th in the country with six plays of at least 60 yards this season and tied for 13th with three plays of at least 70 yards. FSU’s three rushing plays of at least 60 yards and two rushing plays of at least 70 yards both rank 1st in the ACC and tied for 4th nationally, while its four rushing plays of at least 50 yards are tied for 3rd in the conference and 13th in the nation.
- The Seminoles held Miami to 43 rushing yards, the 7th-lowest rushing total for the Hurricanes in the 66 games of the all-time series, and the fewest allowed by FSU in any game since holding Miami to 40 rushing yards on Nov. 2, 2019. It was also the 3rd-best single-game rushing defense of Mike Norvell’s head coaching career.
- FSU ranks 2nd in the ACC and 11th nationally in Red Zone defense, allowing a score on 70.4 percent of drives that reach the Red Zone. Florida State held opponents to 6-of-12 (.500) Red Zone conversions in October, the best defensive stop rate in the ACC and 2nd-best defensive stop rate in the country.
- The Seminoles were flagged for two penalties vs. NC State, the fewest in a game for the Seminoles since 2014 and tied for the 2nd-lowest single-game total by an ACC team this season
Watch (BUT NOT IF YOU HAVE COMCAST)