Florida State Seminoles football is battling the Florida Gators in Gainesville, with both bragging rights and bowl eligibility on the line.
It’s been a tight game so far, 7-7 at the half, with the Gators drawing first blood early but stagnating on offense since. Florida State struggled to find offensive success early, losing quarterback Jordan Travis for a good chunk of time as he dealt with an apparent shoulder injury. Returning in the second quarter, Travis led the Seminoles on a scoring drive, running it into the endzone himself.
FSU has been impressive on defense in the sense that they haven’t allowed another score from Florida yet, but they’ve struggled to stop the Gators on third down.
The Seminoles will start with the ball in the second half.
HOW TO WATCH:
ESPN @ 12:00 p.m.
Game notes via Seminoles.com
- Florida State has won five of its last seven games, the program’s most wins over a seven-game stretch since winning five of the last seven games in 2017. FSU’s five wins since the start of October are tied for 3rd in the ACC, trailing only the six wins by Coastal Division champion Pitt and Clemson.
- Mike Norvell is 16-4 (.800) in the month of November as a head coach.
- The Seminoles have converted 29 consecutive Red Zone trips for a total of 174 points, the longest active streak in the country and the 4th-longest streak in 2021 (via ESPN Stats & Info). It is also the program’s longest Red Zone scoring streak since converting 31 straight across the 2016 and 2017 seasons.
- FSU was 1-for-1 with a touchdown in the Red Zone against Louisville, 6-for-6 against Syracuse, scoring four touchdowns and two field goals, 3-for-3 at North Carolina with three touchdowns, 6-for-6 against UMass with five touchdowns and one field goal, 1-for-1 at Clemson with a touchdown, 2-for-2 with two touchdowns against North Carolina State, 6-for-6 with three touchdowns and three field goals vs. Miami and 4-for-4 with three touchdowns and one field goal at Boston College.
- FSU ranks 1st in the ACC and 11th in the country with a 71.8 Red Zone touchdown percentage this season (28-of-39).
- FSU ranks 3rd in the ACC and 9th nationally in Red Zone defense, allowing a score on 70.0 percent of drives that reach the Red Zone. Florida State held opponents to 6-of-12 (.500) Red Zone conversions in October, the best defensive stop rate in the ACC and 2nd-best defensive stop rate in the country.
- Since the start of October, Florida State ranks 2nd in the ACC in total defense and pass defense, allowing an average of 359.4 total yards and 207.0 passing yards per game, and 4th in the conference in scoring defense with an average of 23.9 points per game allowed.
- Florida State has recorded at least one interception in seven straight games, the program’s longest streak since 2007. Via ESPN Stats & Info, it is the 3rd-longest streak in the nation this season. The Seminoles rank 2nd in the ACC with 11 interceptions and 17 total takeaways in 2021.
- FSU’s average of 7.3 tackles for loss per game ranks 10th in the nation. The Seminoles have four games with at least 9.0 tackles for loss, their most 9.0 TFL games in a season since registering five in 2017.
- Florida State is tied for 13th in the country with six plays of at least 60 yards this season and tied for 18th with three plays of at least 70 yards. FSU’s three rushing plays of at least 60 yards and two rushing plays of at least 70 yards both rank 1st in the ACC and are tied for 6th and 7th nationally, respectively, while its four rushing plays of at least 50 yards are tied for 4th in the conference and 18th in the nation.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Florida Gators
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- Tomahawk Nation Staff predictions: Florida State Seminoles vs. Florida Gators - Unbiased analysis and final score predictions
- Depth chart FSU vs Florida -Check out this week’s projected Seminoles starters
- READ Live updates from Mike Norvell’s Monday press conference - Kenny Dillingham, Adam Fuller, John Papuchis also set to talk.
- HOW TO WATCH FLORIDA STATE FOOTBALL vs FLORIDA GATORS: How to watch, stream, channel, listen
- WATCH AND READ as Mike Norvell looks ahead to Florida game: “If you don’t get up for this one, go somewhere else...We will achieve success. And we’re going to do it the right way so that when we achieve it, we can sustain it.”
- Perry gives you the Vegas odds, spread, and over/under and that the Forecasts are for a close game in Gainesville
- WATCH FSU Head coach Mike Norvell speak after Tuesday’s practice - Finishing strong in practice to go on the road to UF.
- Max Escarpio keeps track of the former FSU players so you don’t have to: FSU Football ’Noles in the Pros - Zont shows out in SNF
- WATCH and READ as FSU Florida State coordinators Kenny Dillingham, Adam Fuller, and John Papuchis talk BC win and looking ahead to UF - “We’ve been best this year when our backs have been up against the wall.”
- Did you know that FSU defensive lineman Keir Thomas was named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week (again) for his performance vs. Boston College?
- READ and WATCH Tommy’s personal observations from FSU football Tuesday’s practice report - Seminoles prep for matchup vs. UF -Will we see somebody hoist the gator head on Saturday?
- LISTEN TO The ‘Seminole Wrap’ as our house rappers ‘Young Brian’ Pellerin and ‘Lil Jon’ Marchant discuss if FSU is poised to claim state championship in Gainesville?
- READ and WATCH Tommy’s personal observations from Florida State’s Wednesday practice report - ‘On the road to Florida - Special teams show up adding to another good practice’
- WATCH as Florida State head coach Mike Norvell talks about the Florida rivalry and the team health - “You can prepare all you want but in the moment you have got to go apply it.”
- WATCH Jermaine Johnson and Jordan Travis speak ahead of Saturday’s showdown in Gainesville- “I feel like everything has led up to this game right here, it’s time to put it together.”
- WATCH and READ ‘The Triple Option’: The Triple Option: FSU vs Boston College Film Review - The hot streak continues
- Did you read that FSU defensive back Akeem Dent earned ACC Defensive Back of the Week honors? - Against Boston College, Dent had three tackles, a pass breakup and a crucial interception
- For some fun FSU vs UF history, check out Matt Minnick, Tim Scibble, and David Stout’s Matchup and Memories: Florida State vs Florida - The Battle for the Sunshine State.
- If you haven’t already, check out Brian Pellerin’s latest College Football Betting Picks Week 13: Rivalry Week - FSU-UF battle for bowl eligibility & the B1G game in the Big House
- Jon Marchant’s FSU football opponent Q&A: Florida Gators Edition -Jon ask the tough questions and answers them how a reasonable Gator fan would answer them. No topic is off limits as they chat about the dumpster fire that is Florida’s program right now
- BONUS RECRUITING COVERAGE: THE FLORIDA STATE OF RECRUITING - #TRIBE #22 COVERAGE - NoleThruandThru brings you his second mock class for #Tribe22
- NEW RECRUITING THREAD #21 NOW OPEN FOR VIP MEMBERS ONLY- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting - ‘THE OFFICIAL Tribe ‘22 Recruiting Thread #21
- BONUS LISTEN TO The Three Stars Florida State of Recruiting Podcast, the Thanksgiving Special: ‘How will FSU close out its class? The Three Stars are thankful for YOU, dear listeners!’