Is this that certain point of the game where there may be some heart ripping out, biting, and spitting out of said hearts?
Florida State Seminoles vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack:
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- Perry’s Depth chart for FSU vs NC State shows only minor adjustments for NCST
- If you want to know How to Watch or Stream the game, Brett will give you the bad news that it is on the ACC Network and many in the Atlantic Coast of the US will not be able to watch this game.
- WATCH and read Brett’s recap as Florida State head Coach Mike Norvell looks ahead to NC State and his remarks on attitude, officiating, special teams, and more
- WATCH Brett’s video and read as Florida State Seminole offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham discusses how “(NC State) plays a three down front. They play fast. They play as hard as you could possibly play. There’s no panic in how they play.”
- Max Escarpio keeps track so you don’t have to, of the FSU Football ’Noles in the Pros - Josh Sweat dominates the Lions
- WATCH Brett’s video as Florida State Seminole defensive coordinator Adam Fuller discuss the play at Clemson and his thoughts on NC State
- READ and check out Tommy Mire’s personal observations from Tuesday’s Florida State practice report: NC State week - The players still seemed engaged after the loss to Clemson and the coaches were coaching stern
- WATCH as special teams coach John Papuchis talks to the media: “Going in, the mentality and the mindset is to field all kicks to prevent the hidden yardage that happens” by Brett Nevitt
- Read as Tommy Mire tells us how Florida State running back Treshaun Ward is nominated for The Burlsworth Trophy which is given to the most outstanding football player in America who began his career as a walk-on
- LISTEN TO TN Rappers Brian Pellerin, Jon Marchant and Juan Montalvo, on The ‘Seminole Wrap’ as our hip-hoppers review the Clemson performance and breakdown NC State. Also, why Dan Mullen is a clown
- WATCH and READ as FSU coach Mike Norvell talks after Wednesday practice “One of our better Wednesdays” by Brett
- Did you read Brett’s report on how the ACC sack leader JermaineJohnson was named ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week and a semifinalist for the Bednarik Award
- Brett brings you Wednesday’s player interviews with FSU players CB Kevin Knowles, LB Amari Gainer, LB DJ Lundy, and TE Jordan Wilson, as they discussed the loss to Clemson and their upcoming matchup with the Pack
- READ Tommy’s personal observations from Wednesday’s Florida State practice report: NC State Week, as high energy in preparation for NCST with shouts and yells flooding over the music following the taps and chants of the Warchant
- Josh Pick gives us some big news regarding a FSU QB who entered the transfer portal this week. Click here to find out who it was and what the TN members think about it
- Please check out Jon Marchant’s FSU football opponent Q&A with Steven Muma from Backing the Pack, SBN’s blog for the North Carolina State Wolfpack: Will the real NC State please stand up? Is NCST the real Slim Shady?
- WATCH and READ Kevin Little’s ‘X’s&Noles’ FSU vs NC State Preview: Can the ‘Noles get back on track against the Wolfpack?
- Matchup and Memories of Florida State vs NC State: The Seminoles/Wolfpack matchup is always an interesting one featuring NolesThruandThru, Tim Scribble, and Matt Minnick
- If you haven’t already, check out Brian Pellerin’s latest College Football Picks ATS for Week 10
- BONUS RECRUITING COVERAGE FOR VIP MEMBERS ($$$)- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting - ‘THE OFFICIAL Tribe ‘22 Recruiting Thread #19’
- BONUS RECRUITING COVERAGE FOR VIP MEMBERS ($$$)- Florida State of Recruiting: Can FSU take advantage of the current college football landscape? by Tim Scribble, NoleThruandThru, and Josh Pick
Game notes via Seminoles.com
- The Seminole have rushed for at least 200 yards in six of their first eight games this season and are one of eight teams with six 200-yard rushing games this year. The last time FSU produced six 200-yard rushing games in an eight game span was 1995 when the Seminoles rushed for at least 200 yards in the first six games of the season.
- In the 21 seasons from 1995-2020, Florida State had at least six 200-yard rushing games in a season five times (1995, 2002, 2012, 2013, 2017). FSU posted four 200-yard rushing games in nine contests in 2020 and is averaging 204.1 rushing yards per game in 17 games under Mike Norvell.
- FSU’s season average of 5.46 yards per rush is 2nd in the ACC and 10th nationally, and its 209.4 rushing yards per game are 2nd in the ACC and 21st nationally. In October, the Seminoles averaged 5.83 yards per rush, 6th in the country, and 228.8 rushing yards per game, which ranked 14th nationally.
- Florida State has produced a 100-yard rusher in six of its first eight games of 2021, one of only three teams in the country to have six different games with a 100-yard rusher and 200 yards rushing as a team this year. Running back Jashaun Corbin has four 100-yard games, the 3rd-highest total in the ACC, and quarterback Jordan Travis has two 100-yard games, 6th-most in the conference.
- The Seminoles have converted 17 consecutive Red Zone trips for a total of 105 points, the 4th-longest active streak in the country (via ESPN Stats & Info) and the program’s longest Red Zone scoring streak since converting 30 straight to end the 2016 season and its first in 2017. FSU was 1-for-1 with a touchdown in the Red Zone against Louisville, 6-for-6 against Syracuse, scoring four touchdowns and two field goals, 3-for-3 at North Carolina with three touchdowns, 6-for-6 against UMass with five touchdowns and one field goal, and 1-for-1 at Clemson with a touchdown.
- FSU ranks 2nd in the ACC and 11th in the country with a 74.1 Red Zone touchdown percentage this season (20-of-27).
- Florida State is tied for 7th in the country with six plays of at least 60 yards this season and tied for 8th with three plays of at least 70 yards. FSU’s three rushing plays of at least 60 yards and two rushing plays of at least 70 yards both rank 1st in the ACC and tied for 4th nationally, while its four rushing plays of at least 50 yards are tied for 2nd in the conference and 6th in the nation.
- The Seminoles rank 2nd in the ACC and 5th nationally in 4th-down defense with opponents converting only 25.0 percent (3-of-12) this season. In October, FSU’s opponents were 0-for-6, the most attempts in the country without allowing a conversion.
- FSU ranks 2nd in the ACC and 7th nationally in Red Zone defense, allowing a score on 65.2 percent of drives that reach the Red Zone, and held opponents to 6-of-12 (.500) Red Zone conversions in the country.