Another afternoon kickoff for the Seminoles.
Florida State Seminoles football has had its kickoff time announced for its week five matchup vs. the Syracuse Orange.
Set for a 3:30 p.m. kickoff, the game will be televised on the ACC Network.
The matchup resumes a series that’s taken place each year since 2013 but took a break in 2020 due to pandemic rescheduling. FSU last faced off against the Orange in 2019, notching a 35-17 victory a year after Syracuse blew out the Seminoles 30-7.
FSU fast facts, via FSU Sports Info
- FSU is tied for 3rd in the ACC and for 12th nationally with an average of 8.3 tackles for loss per game. Jermaine Johnson II ranks 1st in the NCAA with an average of 2.3 tackles for loss per game and is the only ACC defender averaging more than 2.0 TFLs per game.
- Florida State has recorded at least 8.0 tackles for loss in each of its first three games in 2021. The last time FSU had three consecutive games with at least 8.0 tackles for loss was in 2017 when it registered 9.0 at Clemson, 11.0 vs. Delaware State and 10.0 at Florida.
- The Seminoles rank 2nd in the ACC and tied for 10th in the NCAA with an average of 4.0 sacks per game, led by Jermaine Johnson II’s 1.67 sacks per game that are 1st in the conference and rank 2nd nationally. Johnson also ranks 4th in the conference and 24th nationally with an average of 9.3 tackles per game.
- FSU is the only team with two rushers in the top-8 of the ACC in rushing yards per carry. Jashaun Corbin ranks 4th in the conference with an average of 7.57 yards per carry, and Treshaun Ward’s average of 6.76 yards per rush is 8th. Corbin’s average is 2nd in the conference and 13th nationally among rushers with at least 10 carries per game.
- Florida State rushed for 264 yards in the season opener vs. No. 9 Notre Dame, the program’s most rushing yards against a ranked opponent since totaling 287 yards on the ground vs. No. 10 Clemson on Sept. 22, 2012.