Florida State Seminoles football released its updated roster on Friday, showcasing new faces and new numbers for the 2022 season.
Another bit of info, while not exactly groundbreaking, was insight into which players received a redshirt after the 2021 season.
It was a non-issue following the 2020 year, seeing as each player in the country was granted an extra year of eligibility regardless of previous years enrolled.
Per the updated roster, the following players received redshirts”
- Defensive back Hunter Washington
- Defensive back Shyheim Brown
- Defensive lineman Joshua Farmer
- Defensive lineman Byron Turner Jr.
- Defensive lineman Patrick Payton
- Defensive lineman Shambre Jackson
- Offensive lineman Rod Orr
- Offensive lineman Bryson Estes
- Wide receiver Joshua Burrell
Of the players that received a redshirt, Shyheim Brown (3 games, 3 tackles), Hunter Washington (1 game), Joshua Farmer (4 games, 1 assisted tackle), Patrick Payton (1 game), Bryson Estes (1 game) and Joshua Burrell (2 games) saw action in games.+
As for the freshman who saw action in more than four games, rendering them ineligible for a redshirt:
- Wide receiver Malik McClain
- Defensive back Omarion Cooper
- Defensive back Kevin Knowles II
- Tight end Jackson West