Join us here in each quarter-by-quarter live game threads and show your support, while sharing in all the emotions, excitement, and frustrations, that being a true NOLE is all about.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Wake Forest Game Threads:
- At the end of the first quarter, please move to the SECOND QUARTER THREAD
- After halftime, the cool kids will be meeting at the THIRD QUARTER THREAD
- When the third quarter ends, please move to the FOURTH QUARTER THREAD
According to DraftKings, Florida State is a 6 point favorite with an over/under of 64 total points.
HOW TO WATCH:
ABC @ 3:30pm
Florida State Seminoles vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- TN Staff predictions: Florida State Seminoles vs. Wake Forest-The Seminoles and Demon Deacons have met 39 times, with FSU leading the series with a 30-8-1 record, but Wake is riding a two-game win streak
- Depth Chart: FSU vs. Wake Forest depth chart released-Seminoles are ranked for first time since 2018
- Betting: FSU favored vs. Wake Forest-The Seminoles are 4-0 for the first time since 2015
- Making the grade: A look at FSU offensive line advanced analytics-How PFF graded out FSU’s offensive line against Boston College
- FSU Matchups and Memories: Series history between FSU and Wake Forest-40th matchup between Seminoles and Demon Deacons scheduled for this weekend.
- Line of Scrimmage: Breaking down Wake Forest, Sam Hartman-No. 23 FSU vs. No. 22 Demon Deacons in Tallahassee
- FSU players: Greedy Vance and Azareye’h Thomas talk Boston College, preview Wake Forest-“We’re very confident because we know the work we put in. When you put in the work you don’t gotta go out there and fear something happening because you prepared the right way.”
- College Football Picks Week 5: Conquering the Atlantic-Plus huge ranked SEC matchups
- Hurricane Ian updates: FSU is confident in safely hosting, playing Wake Forest-“As always, the safety of the student-athletes, game staff and fans will be our top priority.”
- Ranking: FSU ranked for first time since 2018-Seminoles arrive in the rankings after starting 4-0
- Florida State quarterback Jordan Travis talks 4-0 start, impact of Hurricane Ian-The Seminoles are set to take on Wake Forest at home this Saturday
- Wake Forest HC Dave Clawson on traveling to play FSU-“You certainly hope that the ACC will make the right decision. If they don’t, we will. We’re not going to travel down there and put anyone at risk.
- Seminole Wrap: FSU is ranked and 4-0 — now the hard part starts-Are the Seminoles pretty good or really good?
- Mike Norvell talks Hurricane Ian, FSU vs. Wake Forest-Seminoles are set to play Demon Deacons on Saturday
- Head coach Mike Norvell talks Wake Forest, Tuesday’s practice-“This is a unique offense, just going by the sheer tempo and speed that they’re going to try to play at”
- Head coach Mike Norvell talks 4-0 start, Seminoles vs. Wake Forest-“They’re gonna attack your defense they’re gonna force your hand.”
- FSU coordinators talk Wake Forest, Boston College win-“It’s tremendous because special teams are really a reflection of the culture as a program.”
- Florida State leads ESPN’s Strength of Record Rankings-An impressive start
- Survey results: Gauging FSU after undefeated start-How do Florida State Seminoles football fans feel about the team?
- FSU announces game vs. Florida already sold out-Plenty of hype already for Seminoles vs. Gators
- How To Watch: Florida State vs. Wake Forest: Game time, TV schedule, streaming and more-The Seminoles face Wake Forest for a top-25 showdown at home.
- *BRAND SPANKING NEW RECRUITING THREAD- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting -Florida State Football: OFFICIAL Tribe ‘23 Recruiting and Portal Thread #10
Florida State notes via Seminoles.com
- No. 23 Florida State hosts No. 22 Wake Forest on Saturday afternoon as the teams will meet as ranked opponents for only the second time in series history.
- The Seminoles are 9-3 in their last 12 games, including a 6-2 mark in their last eight ACC contests.
- FSU is 4-0 to start the season and 2-0 in the ACC, both for the first time since 2015, and is the second program in ACC history to start a season 4-0 one year after starting at least 0-4. Virginia began 1983 4-0 after an 0-5 start in 1982.
- Florida State is one of two programs nationally with three wins over P5 opponents in 2022.
- The Seminoles are the only undefeated team in the state of Florida. This is the 10th season since 1993 FSU has been the last undefeated team in the state, the most among all Florida schools.
- FSU leads the ACC in total offense, rushing offense and passing yards per completion. Its average of 15.4 yards per completion is 7th in the country, while its 226.8 rushing yards per game ranks 13th and its 503.8 yards of total offense per game ranks 15th nationally.
- The Seminoles are allowing an average of 1.25 sacks per game, 2nd-lowest in the ACC, and have not allowed a sack in two of their four games this season. Florida State has 14 games without allowing a sack in the last 10 years, including two each in 2021 and 2022, and four games into a season are the fewest needed to reach multiple games without allowing a sack in that span.
- Florida State’s defense ranks 1st in the ACC and 16th in the country in passing defense, holding opponents to an average of 165.8 yards per game through the air. FSU also ranks 3rd in the ACC and 28th nationally allowing an average of 310.5 yards of total offense per game and 3rd in the ACC with a 3rd-down conversion percentage allowed of 31.2 and with four fumble recoveries.
- The Seminoles are 2nd in the ACC in kickoff returns, kickoff return defense and blocked kicks. FSU’s average of 30.8 yards per kickoff return, highlighted by Trey Benson’s 93-yard touchdown return on the opening kickoff vs. Boston College, is 7th in the country, as is FSU’s two blocked kicks. The average of 14.8 yards allowed per kickoff return is 13th-best nationally. Both of FSU’s blocks came in the 24-23 win vs. LSU, which was the third game with multiple blocks under head coach Mike Norvell.
- Florida State has scored on seven of its eight first drives of a half this season, with six touchdowns on those seven scoring drives. FSU scored touchdowns on its first drive of both halves against Duquesne, at Louisville and against Boston College and also made a field goal to open the second half against LSU.
Odds/lines are subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.