It’s gameday in Tallahassee.
For just the second time in series history (2008), No. 23 Florida State Seminoles football and the No. 23 Wake Forest Demon Deacons will meet as ranked opponents. Wake (3-1, 0-1 ACC) is coming off a close overtime loss to Clemson while FSU (4-0, 2-0 ACC) is off to its best start in nearly a decade.
According to DraftKings, FSU is a 6-point favorite.
Florida State will be wearing all-garnet today against the Demon Deacons, in addition to a helmet decal honoring the Seminole Tribe of Florida.
Defensive end Jared Verse is reportedly dressing out today and will be a game-time decision.
Wake Forest will be down top defensive back Caelen Carson, according to Pete Thamel.
Check the comments for more pregame updates ahead of kickoff.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons
How to Watch
Saturday, October 1
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- TN Staff predictions: Florida State Seminoles vs. Wake Forest-The Seminoles and Demon Deacons have met 39 times, with FSU leading the series with a 30-8-1 record, but Wake is riding a two-game win streak
- Depth Chart: FSU vs. Wake Forest depth chart released-Seminoles are ranked for first time since 2018
- Betting: FSU favored vs. Wake Forest-The Seminoles are 4-0 for the first time since 2015
- Making the grade: A look at FSU offensive line advanced analytics-How PFF graded out FSU’s offensive line against Boston College
- FSU Matchups and Memories: Series history between FSU and Wake Forest-40th matchup between Seminoles and Demon Deacons scheduled for this weekend.
- Line of Scrimmage: Breaking down Wake Forest, Sam Hartman-No. 23 FSU vs. No. 22 Demon Deacons in Tallahassee
- FSU players: Greedy Vance and Azareye’h Thomas talk Boston College, preview Wake Forest-“We’re very confident because we know the work we put in. When you put in the work you don’t gotta go out there and fear something happening because you prepared the right way.”
- College Football Picks Week 5: Conquering the Atlantic-Plus huge ranked SEC matchups
- Hurricane Ian updates: FSU is confident in safely hosting, playing Wake Forest-“As always, the safety of the student-athletes, game staff and fans will be our top priority.”
- Ranking: FSU ranked for first time since 2018-Seminoles arrive in the rankings after starting 4-0
- Florida State quarterback Jordan Travis talks 4-0 start, impact of Hurricane Ian-The Seminoles are set to take on Wake Forest at home this Saturday
- Wake Forest HC Dave Clawson on traveling to play FSU-“You certainly hope that the ACC will make the right decision. If they don’t, we will. We’re not going to travel down there and put anyone at risk.
- Seminole Wrap: FSU is ranked and 4-0 — now the hard part starts-Are the Seminoles pretty good or really good?
- Mike Norvell talks Hurricane Ian, FSU vs. Wake Forest-Seminoles are set to play Demon Deacons on Saturday
- Head coach Mike Norvell talks Wake Forest, Tuesday’s practice-“This is a unique offense, just going by the sheer tempo and speed that they’re going to try to play at”
- Head coach Mike Norvell talks 4-0 start, Seminoles vs. Wake Forest-“They’re gonna attack your defense they’re gonna force your hand.”
- FSU coordinators talk Wake Forest, Boston College win-“It’s tremendous because special teams are really a reflection of the culture as a program.”
- Florida State leads ESPN’s Strength of Record Rankings-An impressive start
- Survey results: Gauging FSU after undefeated start-How do Florida State Seminoles football fans feel about the team?
- FSU announces game vs. Florida already sold out-Plenty of hype already for Seminoles vs. Gators
- How To Watch: Florida State vs. Wake Forest: Game time, TV schedule, streaming and more-The Seminoles face Wake Forest for a top-25 showdown at home.
- *BRAND SPANKING NEW RECRUITING THREAD- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting -Florida State Football: OFFICIAL Tribe ‘23 Recruiting and Portal Thread #10