Join us here in each quarter-by-quarter live game thread and show your support, while sharing in all the emotions, excitement, and frustrations, that being a true NOLE is all about.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers Game Threads:
- At the end of the first quarter, please move to the SECOND QUARTER THREAD
- After halftime, the cool kids will be meeting at the THIRD QUARTER THREAD
- When the third quarter ends, please move to the FOURTH QUARTER THREAD
Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- TN Staff Predictions: Florida State Seminoles vs. Clemson Tigers-FSU’s is only allowing 325 yards per game which ranks 4th in the ACC and 27th in the nation in total defense
- How To Watch: Florida State vs. Clemson: Game time, TV schedule, streaming and more-FSU enters the matchup as 3.5-point underdogs against undefeated Clemson
- Depth Chart: FSU projected depth chart vs. Clemson released-Florida State will be looking to beat Clemson for first time since 2016
- Betting: FSU underdog vs. Clemson at home-Florida State Seminoles are an underdog for the second straight week
- College Football Picks Week 7: Cancel Your Plans-It’s time for the contenders to step forward
- FSU Matchups and Memories: Series history between FSU and Clemson-Can the Seminoles break a six-game losing streak in the series?
- Line of Scrimmage: How does FSU match up with Clemson? feat. Will Harper of Shakin the Southland-Florida State (4-2, 2-2) takes on Clemson (6-0, 4-0) at home on Saturday
- FSU Players: Jordan Travis and Ryan Fitzgerald meet with the media after Wednesday’s practice-“I have great teammates. Like this team, we’re so close together. We have each other’s back; we’ll pick each other up when one of us is down and just really supportive.”
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Talks team health, fourth-down decisions after Wednesday’s practice-“I think he’s regained a lot of the confidence, and it helped to see him do it in the game the other day as well.”
- Seminole Wrap: Time to panic after two-game losing streak or is everything on schedule for FSU?-Evaluating FSU, plus preview matchup with Clemson
- FSU Players: Maurice Smith and Jared Verse preview Clemson, talk improvement, injuries-“Last week we learned a lesson. Every week it’s another lesson and today we made the choice to work.”
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Speaks with the media, updates injuries ahead of Clemson-Ja’khi Douglas is back after missing the first half of the season
- FSU Coordinators: Review NC State loss, preview Clemson-“He was limited throughout the week and it was still a questionable decision but once he made his mind up to go — he went.”
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Talks injuries, penalties, and performance ahead of Clemson-“For our guys and the effort they put forth into the game and the physicality — I was proud of them.”
- Reacts Survey: Evaluating FSU ahead of Clemson game-Florida State Seminoles football (4-2, 2-2 ACC) is in the midst of a two-game losing streak
- *A NEW RECRUITING THREAD #11 is up—NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting -Florida State Football: OFFICIAL Tribe ‘23 Recruiting and Portal Thread #11
Saturday, October 15
Florida State game notes via Seminoles.com
- Florida State completes a stretch of five consecutive ACC Atlantic Division matchups Saturday by hosting Clemson in a primetime showdown on ABC.
- At No. 14 NC State, the FSU defense held the Wolfpack to 2-of-13 (.154) on third down, the second time this season an FSU opponent had two or fewer third-down conversions after the Seminoles held Duquesne to one successful conversion in the season opener. The two third-down conversions allowed were the fewest for FSU’s defense against an ACC opponent since Syracuse was 2-for-12 on Oct. 2, 2021, and were the fewest for NC State in a game since converting 2-of-10 on Nov. 26, 2021 vs. North Carolina.
- Florida State ranks 1st in the ACC and 14th in the country in passing defense, holding opponents to an average of 170.3 yards per game through the air. That would be FSU’s lowest pass defense average in a season since the 2013 team’s average of 156.6 passing yards per game. Since that season, only the 2015 and 2017 defenses allowed less than 200 passing yards per game in a season.
- FSU also ranks 4th in the ACC and 27th in the nation in total defense allowing an average of 325.7 yards per game and ranks 4th in the ACC and 24th nationally by collecting 2.67 sacks per game, led by Jared Verse’s ACC-best average of 0.80 sacks per game. The Seminoles average of 20.8 points allowed per game is the 5th-best scoring defense in the conference.
- Florida State leads the ACC and ranks 19th nationally with an average of 14.27 yards per completion. The Seminoles average of 1.17 sacks allowed per game is the best average in the ACC and ranks 25th in the country. Florida State has 14 games without allowing a sack in the last 10 years, including two each in 2021 and 2022.
- FSU also ranks in the top-3 in the ACC in rushing offense, total offense and third-down conversions. The Seminoles are averaging 204.2 rushing yards per game, 2nd in the conference and 25th nationally, 465.8 yards of total offense per game, 3rd in the ACC and 23rd in the nation, and have converted 46.8 percent of their third-down opportunities, which is the 3rd-best percentage in the conference and 27th in the country.
- Florida State has scored on nine of its 12 first drives of a half this season, with eight touchdowns on those nine scoring drives. FSU scored touchdowns on its first drive of both halves against Duquesne, at Louisville, against Boston College and against Wake Forest and also made a field goal to open the second half against LSU.
- Florida State is the only team in the country that ranks in the top-12 in both kickoff return average and kickoff return defense. FSU is allowing an ACC-low 14.89 yards per kickoff return, tied for 8th nationally, and its average of 27.2 yards per kickoff return, highlighted by Trey Benson’s 93-yard touchdown return on the opening kickoff vs. Boston College that is the longest return in the ACC this season, is 3rd in the ACC and 9th in the country.
- The Seminoles also rank 2nd in the ACC and 14th nationally with an average of 14.88 yards per punt return and have the 3rd-best punt return defense average in the conference at 3.38, 24th best in the country.
- FSU also is 3rd in the ACC and 12th nationally in blocked kicks, with both blocks happening in the 24-23 win vs. LSU, which was the third game with multiple blocks under head coach Mike Norvell.
Some Clemson game notes via Seminoles.com
- Clemson attempting to open a season 7-0 for the 10th time in program history (1948, 1981, 2000, 2011, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020).
- Clemson and Florida State entering the game having previously represented the conference in the ACC Championship Game 12 times in 13 years since 2009.
- Clemson attempting to win seven consecutive games against Florida State for the first time in series history.
- Clemson attempting to win a third consecutive game at Doak Campbell Stadium for the first time in series history.
- Clemson attempting to become only the fifth program ever to win three consecutive road games against Florida State in Tallahassee.
Odds/lines are subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.