According to DraftKings, FSU is currently a 7.5 point favorite with the over/under set at 51 points.
Join us here in each quarter-by-quarter live game thread and show your support, while sharing in all the emotions, excitement, and frustrations, that being a true NOLE is all about.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Syracuse Orange Game Threads:
- At the end of the first quarter, please move to the SECOND QUARTER THREAD
- After halftime, the cool kids will be meeting at the THIRD QUARTER THREAD
- When the third quarter ends, please move to the FOURTH QUARTER THREAD
Saturday, November 12th
Florida State Seminoles vs. Syracuse Orange
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- TN Staff Predictions: Florida State Seminoles vs. Syracuse Orange
- Line of Scrimmage: FSU takes on Syracuse in ACC finale feat. Andy Pegler of TNIAAM-Seminoles with chance to finish with best record in conference play since 2016
- FSU Depth Chart: FSU vs. Syracuse-A look at the Florida State Seminoles depth chart ahead game vs. Syracuse Orange
- College Football Picks Week 11: Angry Wave-Passed over for Gameday, Angry Wave gets Angrier
- Matchups and Memories: Series history between FSU and Syracuse-The surging Seminoles head north this weekend
- Making the grade: What the analytics say about FSU’s offensive line-How did FSU’s offensive line do in a blowout win over the Miami Hurricanes?
- Seminole Wrap: Florida State dominates inferior in-state opponent, preps for ACC finale-The early season confidence has returned
- Betting: FSU opens as road favorite vs. Syracuse-The Seminoles are 6-3 against the spread this season
- FSU Players: LB Kalen Deloach and DE Patrick Payton talk Miami win, going on the road to face Syracuse-“It was good to go down there and do what we need to do, handle business, and just get back up here and focus on this week.”
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Talks Wednesday practice, updates injuries ahead of Syracuse-“How we start, and the execution early is still critically important for us”
- FSU Players: DB Greedy Vance, OL Dillan Gibbons, TE Camren McDonald speak after Tuesday’s practice-“That kind of systematic decline of a defense, that’s what wins football games”
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Talks DJ Lundy, Jared Verse, finishing ACC play after Tuesday’s practice-“This is our last ACC opponent, and we want to finish our ACC schedule the right way”
- FSU Coordinators: Preview Syracuse, talk 45-3 win over Miami-“I’m excited because those guys are playing for each other, and that’s what makes it fun to coach”
- FSU Coach Mike Norvell: Talks Miami blowout, previews Syracuse at Monday presser-“Every time you have a big emotional game and rivalry on the road, to go down and play like we did it was definitely big for the program.”
- Reacts Survey: Survey after Week 10: How are FSU fans feeling?-Checking in on the Florida State fanbase
- Bowl Projections after Week 10: Where could FSU be headed?-Taking a look at national projections
- FSU WR Winston Wright Jr. signals a return for the 2023 season-After suffering a devastating injury, he says he still isn’t finished in Tallahassee
- Trey Benson, Dillan Gibbons earn ACC Player of the Week honors-An offense built for playmakers
- How To Watch: Florida State vs. Syracuse: How to watch Week 11 matchup-Seminoles take on Orange on the road in ACC finale
- *A new farm-to-table RECRUITING THREAD #12 has been served- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting -Florida State Football: OFFICIAL Tribe ‘23 Recruiting and Portal Thread #12
Florida State game notes via Seminoles.com
- Florida State wraps up its 2022 ACC schedule by traveling to Syracuse for a primetime showcase on ACC Network. The Seminoles, ranked 25th in this week’s AP poll, returned to the rankings for the second time this season after defeating Miami 45-3 last week in a win that clinched bowl eligibility for the 49th time in program history.
- The Seminoles also rank 4th in explosive play rate differential, trailing only Georgia, Ohio State and Tulane, with an offense explosive play rate of 16.8 percent that ranks 6th nationally and a defense explosive plays allowed rate of 9.2 percent that is 15th in the country (via ESPN Stats & Info).
- Florida State is one of four teams in the nation that ranks in the top-20 in both total offense and total defense, along with Georgia, Ohio State and Alabama. Those same four teams are the only teams ranked in the top-20 in yards per play on offense and defense. The Seminoles are 9th nationally with an average of 7.01 yards per play on offense and 11th with an average of 4.73 yards allowed per play. FSU is 15th in the country with 483.4 yards of total offense per game and 17th allowing an average of 308.4 yards per game on defense.
- Florida State has scored on 12 of 18 first drives of a half this season, with 11 touchdowns on those 12 scoring drives for a total of 78 points. The Seminoles lead the ACC and are tied for 3rd in the country in touchdown rate on opening drives of a half (via ESPN Stats & Info).
- FSU leads the ACC in yards per completion, yards per rush attempt, third-down conversions, rushing offense and fewest sacks allowed. The Seminoles’ average of 14.30 yards per completion is 9th in the country, while their 50.0 percent third-down conversion rate is 12th in the country, average of 5.51 yards per rush is 13th, average of 211.8 rushing yards per game is 17th and 1.44 sacks allowed per game is 33rd nationally.
- Florida State is one of four teams in the country that is ranked in the top-20 in both kickoff return average and punt return average. FSU is 7th in the country and 3rd in the ACC with an average of 24.77 yards per kickoff return and is 3rd in the conference and 16th nationally with an average of 13.69 yards per punt return. The Seminoles also have the ACC’s 3rd-best punt return defense, allowing 3.38 yards per opponent punt return to rank 17th in the country.
- FSU is 4th in the ACC and 24th nationally in blocked kicks, with both blocks happening in the 24-23 win vs. LSU, which was the third game with multiple blocks under head coach Mike Norvell. » Florida State’s defense has held opponents to an average of 137.2 yards of total offense in the first half, with opponents gaining only 59.1 yards rushing and 78.1 yards passing in the first 30 minutes. The Seminoles have a 171- 78 scoring edge in the first half and have held six opponents to three or fewer first-half points.
Odds/lines are subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.