- Florida State coaches Jimbo Fisher, Charles Kelly, Tim Brewster, and Odell Haggins visited five-star DT target Marvin Wilson in Houston on Thursday night. The No. 6 overall player in the nation according to 247Sports’ composite rankings has FSU in his final list of schools. He will announce his decision on National Signing Day next Wednesday.
- In addition to the FSU coaching staff, a number of 2017 recruits already enrolled in Tallahassee are doing their part to try and pull Wilson to Florida State.
- Florida State will be hosting a plethora of commits and targets this weekend with the commits making their official visits. Check the Tomahawk Nation homepage for more details later on Friday morning.
- FSU has signed 23 five-star prospects in the Jimbo Fisher Era —- However, have you ever thought of where those prospects hail from? Brendan Sonnone of Noles247 breaks it down.
- Here’s the latest regarding FSU target WR Henry Ruggs and his ties to Alabama, Florida State’s competition for the young talent.
ACC beat SEC on the field. Now the ACC appears to be challenging the SEC off it. ACC media days are July 13-14 during the usual SEC window.— Jon Solomon (@JonSolomonCBS) January 26, 2017
ACC stat of the day: FSU converted 78.4% of its 3rd/4th-and-short runs in 2016, tops in ACC. Up from 47.8% in 2015. Big O-line improvement.— David Hale (@DavidHaleESPN) January 26, 2017
- Is Florida State primed for another strong finish to its recruiting class? (Insider) Last year’s crop of late commits brought talented contributors in Brian Burns, Dontavious Jackson, Landon Dickerson and more.
- FSU DB Marquez White continues his Senior Bowl practice, earning great reviews from some onlooking scouts.
"Marquez White played "field corner" for Florida State when Jalen Ramsey was at the school, and White’s responsibilities forced him to cover more space than Ramsey. White flashed that same speed and range today. In terms of athleticism, Marquez White is probably the best cornerback on the South team. White flashed his foot speed and range during drills, as well as in 1-on-1s and team drills." - Eric Galko (Sporting News)
- FSU baseball has been named the 2017 ACC preseason favorite. The ‘Noles last won the ACC Tournament in 2015.
- Some observations from our own Michael Rogner on FSU’s blowout loss at Georgia Tech on Wednesday evening.
- The Florida State women’s basketball team retained its hold of first place in the ACC with a road victory over Georgia Tech on Thursday.