Recruiting takes on a new wrinkle this year for Florida State, as it does for every other team across the country, thanks to the Early Signing Period added in 2017. Translation: instead of waiting for the first Wednesday in February, which will still remain as the traditional National Signing Day, there’s now an additional multi-day period running from this Wednesday through Friday, during which prospects who wish to shut down their recruitment can put pen to paper and make it official.
And this piece will serve as your central hub for that Early Signing Period, which we’ll refer to as the ESP from here on out. Which current FSU commits and targets are expected to sign early? Here’s our current list; be sure to check back regularly, as this tracker will be updated as letters of intent are received and information evolves. Remember, these are very fluid situations, and things change often. Hence this tracker.
Those who have signed with Florida State:
- 4-star CB A.J. Lytton. A nice addition on Friday afternoon.
- 4-star DB Asante Samuel Jr. FSU locks down lock-down CB, holds off Miami late.
- 5-star DB Jaiden Woodbey. FSU stole an elite prospect it offered eight days ago.
- 4-star LB Amari Gainer. The Seminoles’ biggest recruiter in the class made it official.
- 4-star DT Robert Cooper. Huge get for FSU, literally in terms of size but also talent.
- 3-star OL Christian Armstrong. FSU needs depth on the offensive line.
- 4-star DB Isaiah Bolden. The first former Oregon commit has flipped to FSU.
Seminole targets who’ve signed elsewhere:
- 4-star RB James Cook (Georgia)
- 4-star QB Emory Jones (Florida)
- 3-star LB Rosendo Louis (South Carolina)
- 3-star QB Michael Penix Jr. (Indiana) — Not a committable offer from FSU
’Nole commits not expected to sign until February:
Again, some of these guys could still sign early.
- 4-star WR D’Marcus Adams
- 4-star OG Christian Meadows
- 3-star DE Chaz Neal