- Local four-star LB Amari Gainer from Chiles High School released his final four schools along with a May 26th commitment date. Alongside Florida State in his final four is Texas, Alabama and Miami. Gainer is rated the No. 319 overall prospect in the nation and the No. 23 outside linebacker. He has offers from 27 different schools.
- According to Go Vols 247 Sports, Tennessee associate AD Greg Hulen will be leaving the Volunteers for Florida State, where he will assume a similar role.
At Tennessee, Hulen was responsible for leading the Tennessee Fund staff. He joined the athletic department in February 2005 and has "been the lead development officer on several seven-figure leadership gifts," according to his Tennessee bio.
He was also "integrally involved" in fundraising for Neyland Stadium's renovations, Tennessee's Campaign for Comprehensive Excellence and the Campaign for Tennessee basketball, which helped build Pratt Pavilion and renovate Thompson-Boling Arena.
- Mark Schlabach and Ryan McGee of ESPN broke down their list of 100 reasons the pair is excited for the upcoming college football season. Among the topics discussed were the head coaching powerhouse in the state of Florida, Florida State vs. Alabama to kick off the season and the Florida State vs. Miami game. What are you most excited for this upcoming season?
- For those counting, SB Nation’s Jason Kirk breaks down the true countdown until the 2017 College Football season begins.
- State of the U broke down the probability of Miami winning at least nine games this upcoming season. How many games do you think the Hurricanes win in 2017?
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers K Roberto Aguayo had a tough outing in his first public head-to-head with Nick Folk, another kicker on the Bucs that the team signed this past offseason to compete with Aguayo.
On the accuracy goal posts (from about 35-40 yards)— Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) May 23, 2017
Folk: 4-for-4 pic.twitter.com/6GOaMS6FDr
- Former FSU center Michael Ojo has his sights set on playing in the NBA.