- Sources have told Tomahawk Nation that 2018 five-star dual-threat QB Justin Fields is expected to visit Florida State on Wednesday. The No. 3 overall prospect in the nation is ranked the No. 1 dual-threat QB in the nation according to 247 Composite Rankings and has more than 40 offers from schools such as Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Clemson. Fields recently decommitted from Penn State and has been on Florida State’s radar.
Source tells us QB Jace Ruder is in today and Justin Fields is expected tomorrow.— Tomahawk Nation (@Tomahawknation) June 13, 2017
- 2018 four-star receiver Tommy Bush from Schertz (Tx.) Samuel Clemens made a visit to Tallahassee on Tuesday. Bush has a total of 43 offers and is ranked the No. 170 overall prospect in the nation and No. 33 wide receiver according to 247 Composite Rankings.
Had a great time with Coach Fisher and @TimBrewster and my parents #tribe18 @FSU_Recruiting pic.twitter.com/VRM1K1zZhE— Tommy Bush (@TheTommyBush11) June 13, 2017
- As Brendan Sonnone at Noles247 writes, Deonde Francois is improving as a technician and leader this offseason. ($)
- I wrote late during the 2017 season how Francois’ leadership trait grew over the span of the first half of that FSU season. You can read that here.
- According to Athlon Sport’s preseason football magazine, there is at least one ACC coach that thinks new Florida State RB Cam Akers is more athletic than a recently departed Dalvin Cook. What do you think?
"People are going to see they got a special guy in Cam Akers. I think he's every bit as fast as Dalvin Cook, but he's probably a more fluid athlete."
- In day two of the 2017 MLB Draft, two Seminoles were drafted and are likely to sign with their respective teams. Those players will continue to play for Florida State in the 2017 College World Series that kicks off on Saturday.
Congrats to former Nole @lukeloucks and the Golden State Warriors on winning the NBA title pic.twitter.com/89kz9TYt8j— FSU Basketball (@fsuhoops) June 13, 2017