- Justin Fields made a visit to Tallahassee last week and the recruiting experts over at 247 explained why Florida State is trending heavily for the five-star QB prospect. Fields is ranked the No. 1 dual-threat in the 2018 recruiting class and No. 3 overall prospect according to 247 Composite Rankings.
- Fields did arrive at UF on Tuesday for a two-day visit in Gainesville. It is reported that his mother will join him for the trip that will conclude on Wednesday.
- Athlon Sports released it’s preseason All-American team which is highlighted by three Seminoles. Defensive backs Derwin James and Tarvarus McFadden were listed as first-team All-Americans with defensive tackle Derrick Nnadi slotted for a third-team All-American selection. The ACC with eight first-team players ties the SEC for most among conferences in the NCAA.
- Our pals over at TNIAAM, Syracuse’s SB Nation affiliate, released their Florida State opponent preview today. Take a look at what the Orange are looking at ahead of the teams’ matchup.
- Another Alabama-Florida State prediction is in and another Alabama prediction is added to the list. The latest one from Pete Fiutak from Sporting News.
Florida State will come up with a tremendous first half. By the early third quarter, social media will have handed the Heisman to QB Deondre Francois and announce the end of the Saban era at Alabama as we know it, but then the Tide will turn things around.
In two long, crunching scoring drives, the Alabama running game will start to take over, while the defense turns up the intensity with a few key three-and-out. The Crimson Tide will take over late, with Hurts taking off for a brilliant scoring run to finally get the lead back.
But unlike the last time we saw Alabama, the defense will hold in a good enough game to make everyone hoping for a rematch on the same field on January 8th.
Alabama 31, Florida State 27
- Florida State takes on LSU for the second time in the College World Series on Wednesday night. Loser goes home, winner advances to Oregon State where they must win twice before the Beavers lose once. In case you missed it, I posted a preview of LSU baseball last week.
- Florida State women’s basketball picked up a huge commitment from Izabella Nicoletti. The Brazil native is ranked No. 4 in the 2018 class by ESPN’s HoopGurlz.