Bud Elliott and Ingram Smith return with another episode of The Nolecast, far and away the No. 1 Florida State Seminoles podcast. Listen to it in the player below this article, or at this direct link.
The show begins with a discussion of recruiting. Coaches are out visiting top FSU targets, and in turn prospects are visiting FSU.
- Camren McDonald, Long Beach Poly TE, new commit
- Jalen Goss, Valdosta OT
- Cassius Peat, Arizona JUCO DL
- Dennis Briggs, Kissimmee DL
- Jamarcus Chatman, Rome GA DL
- Tre’Shaun Harrison, Seattle WR
- Javonte Jean-Baptiste, New Jersey LB
- D’Andre Litaker, Tennessee DT
- Olaijah Griffin, Cali DB
- Devon Williams, Cali WR
- Josh Moore, Texas WR
- Jalen Hall, Cali WR
Lost of questions about Willie Taggart taking to many OoS kids. … What is the deal with this?
How can Dave Kelly be out recruiting?
- Brian Daboll to the Bills and what that could mean for Mike Locksley and FSU
- Walt Bell’s impressive resume
- Harlon Barnett and Cover 4: Bama c2/4
- Listener question from Michael:
”Now that coach Taggart has just about completed his coaching hires, I am curious if you two have any information about the new hire’s past player developments. It has been brought up here on the Nolecast in the past that our previous coaches seamed to “coach” the studs, the 4 and 5 stars but didn’t develop the lower ranked guys into good, decent college players? Do you or your partner see or feel there will be improvement in that area with these hires?
- Listener question from Matt:
Has Coach Taggart ever used formations with multiple running backs lining up at different positions, specifically with running backs playing H-back or slot receiver roles? With all the talent returning at RB and the depth issues at WR I was curious if this is a potential way to leverage the talent we have and spread some touches around to more playmakers.
Opponents and early departures
- Wilkerson leaving: How it impacts FSU, why it happened, and some general talk about kids leaving early. More kids will be doing this because they realize their potential value, and because schools honor their scholarships in perpetuity because the schools want to report better grad rates.
- Jacques Patrick’s return
- Clemson defenders staying (Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant) and tackle Mitch Hyatt staying and LB Joseph.
- VT losing Tremaine Edmunds and other studs.
- Miami losing both DTs early.