Rivals. Rivals. Rivals. If you’re a fan of teams in Florida who wear orange there is a good chance you’re raising the “fire everyone flag” and had a long night this past Saturday. While Florida State football won its bye week, the University of Florida, along with Miami felt the dark rain cloud of the coaching carousel creeping from behind.
- The Florida Gators fell to LSU (42-49) and the Hurricanes lost to UNC (42-45.)
- FSU defensive end Jermaine Johnson II continued to get noticed for his ability on the field and landed in the top 12 for the Lombardi Award.
- Following a much-needed bye week, the Florida State Seminoles hope to continue their winning streak as a staggering 37-point favorite at home over the Minutemen.
Head coach Mike Norvell and staff hit the recruiting trail to talk to coaches and evaluate players during the no-contact period, and although IMG offensive lineman Aliou Bah decommited this past weekend, headline recruit and #1 cornerback in the country Travis Hunter doubled down again on his commitment.
- For a more in-depth analysis on all things recruiting check out the Tribe ‘22 recruiting thread and hop in on the conversation.
The No. 1 Noles continue to shine and added to their 13-0 winning streak with a victory over Virginia Tech on the road 2-0 and look to rout the North Carolina Tar Heels on the road again, Thursday at 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Women’s volleyball took down Virginia (3-0) led by stars Sydney Conley and Morgan Chacon to finish the final set Friday but lost to Pittsburg (1-3) on Sunday.
Since we’re all fans of throwing, hitting, and kicking balls at things check out our Discord to chat with the staff, argue about who’s pet is the cutest, or join in on the rest of our shenanigans.
people trying to tell you about their fantasy football team pic.twitter.com/B0NP9WJIER— Trey Rowland (@trey_rowland59) October 17, 2021