Florida State offered class of 2022 prospect Jarell Stinson, a 5’10 160 pound cornerback from Opelika, AL who committed to the Auburn Tigers in late December, also has offers from the Duke Blue Devils, Florida Gators, Kansas Jayhawks, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ole Miss Rebels, Tennessee Volunteers, UCF Knights, and Vanderbilt Commodores, among others.
FSU head coach Mike Norvell, linebackers Chris Marve, defensive end Derrick McLendon II and linebacker Stephen Dix Jr. all spoke with the media yesterday detailing life at the Dunlap Practice Facility, and Austin Cox has all the updates.
(Side note: what else are you looking for from us football coverage-wise moving forward, heading into spring and then fall? Feel free to let us know in the comments.)
“Fans put too much weight on what is literally practices....if you go to practice, no matter what level, there are going to be mistakes, that’s why you’re there..that said, there are legitimate concerns.”— Seminole Wrap (@SeminoleWrap) March 31, 2021
The latest @SeminoleWrap: https://t.co/2KMKFDMmrc pic.twitter.com/BjW144LOod
Me & @aadelsonESPN talked with about 2/3 of the ACC’s ADs and head coaches to gauge their biggest concerns as Jim Phillips takes over as commissioner. The answer was essentially unanimous: Revenue. (story here, plus a quick thread…) https://t.co/ucI6SiWujA— ️♈️ (@ADavidHaleJoint) March 31, 2021
Good Morning Everyone— Xavier Rhodes (@XavierRhodes29_) March 31, 2021
It's never too late and you're never too old to become better.
Gotta stop chasing referees to the parking garage pic.twitter.com/cKjGkjv5dv— Leonard Hamilton (@FSUCoachHam) March 31, 2021
This isn’t as good as when I performed the first verse of Lil Wayne’s “A Milli” as a dramatic reading while Demarcus Christmas, Tyler Holt and Deandre Francois stared me straight in the face:
After a quiet start, FSU baseball came alive in a midweek win vs. Mercer Wednesday. Brett Nevitt’s got you covered in his Three Up, Three Down.
Don’t be surprised to see him get a baseball scholarship from Metcalf and Meat soon:
This is wholesome— ACC Network (@accnetwork) March 31, 2021
(via Elijah Cabell/Instagram) pic.twitter.com/PGHOfBifwW
Florida State volleyball will wrap up its regular season with matches against Syracuse on Thursday and Friday at Tully Gym in Tallahassee, with both scheduled at 5 p.m.
Just a time to reflect on being one of the preeminent universities in the country, no big deal:
More than 30 graduate programs at FSU are ranked in the top 25 according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 edition of “Best Graduate Schools.”
- Florida State’s College of Criminology and Criminal Justice maintained its top 10 status at No. 7 in the nation and among public universities.
- The College of Business’ MBA specialty in real estate once again ranked in the top 10 among public schools at No. 9 and in the top 20 nationwide at No. 17.
- The College of Medicine tied for No. 13 in diversity with 26 percent of students identifying as an underrepresented minority. The college also came in at No. 42 in primary-care production, with Nova Southeastern being the only Florida school producing more primary-care physicians during the time period measured.
- FSU’s Library and Information Studies program, housed in the College of Communication and Information’s School of Information, placed No. 11 nationally and No. 10 among public universities.
- FSU’s School Library Media specialty maintained its No. 1 status, and Services for Children & Youth rose four spots to No. 3 in the nation.
- The College of Law rose two spots to No. 48 in the nation and No. 24 among public universities.
- The FAMU-FSU College of Engineering also made a significant improvement in this year’s U.S. News graduate rankings, moving up to No. 98 among all engineering graduate schools nationally. It marked the first time the college has ranked in the Top 100 for engineering graduate degrees.
FSU also celebrated its annual FSU Day at the Florida Capitol virtually this year, flexing on social:
Florida State University’s four-year graduation rate is among the highest in the country at 74%, placing FSU first in the State University System and in the Top-10 among public universities. #FSUDay pic.twitter.com/cWSjlC2NB0— Florida State University (@floridastate) March 31, 2021
Florida State University is ranked among the top 50 universities worldwide for producing patented technologies, according to a new report from the National Academy of Inventors and the Intellectual Property Owners Association. ⚡️ #FSUDay pic.twitter.com/syXqxVk4IL— Florida State University (@floridastate) March 31, 2021
For the second time, an FSU beach volleyball duo earned CCSA Pair of the Week Honors with Sara Putt and Cassie Anderson getting the title after going 4-0 over the weekend with all four wins against ranked teams.
Who wants to beat down on some nerd college kids (aka get straight-up whooped by some Gen X’ers) for homecoming?
ODDS AND ESPORTS— Florida State Esports (@EsportsatFSU) March 30, 2021
In collaboration with @FSUHOMECOMING, we present "Odds and Esports"! The tournaments we're putting on are for Rocket League, Madden, and NBA 2K, and they're all weekend long!
Registration for the events https://t.co/Hsbtj2dIdc pic.twitter.com/3xGdiT6ski
Florida State track and field redshirt senior Shanice Love was named ACC Women’s Co-Field Performer of the Week after a discus throw of 58.13m meters (190-8) at the FSU Relays this past weekend — Love is ranked no. 2 in discus throwing.