The Seminoles (38-9-1, 26-5-1) are in search of a seventh straight ACC Tournament title, looking to carry momentum from a 14-0 season finale win over Pitt.
Here’s what our Prince Akeem Joeffer wrote on the Seminoles last month:
There are three main reasons for the success: pitching, defense and big innings. The pitching has been simply stellar. The offense hasn’t been as potent as expected and that is an area of concern for FSU fans. However, if the Seminoles continue to combine great pitching with solid defense and timely hitting this team is still a solid bet to make another College World Series run.
How to Watch
Some game notes and team stats from FSU Sports Info:
- Florida State has won 17 ACC Championships with their first coming in 1992.
- FSU has won six straight dating back to the 2014 season.
- FSU is 69-19 (.781) all-time in the ACC Tournament, outscoring their opponents 423-168.
- The Garnet and Gold have won 18 straight NCAA Tournament games heading into 2021.
- FSU is 28-4 in the ACC Tournament since Lonni Alameda became the head coach in 2009. In that time period, FSU won seven of the 11 ACC Titles.
- Florida State enters the 14th week of the 2021 season ranked No. 9 by USA Softball and No. 7 by the NFCA. The Noles have been ranked in 122 consecutive polls by USA Softball.
- Florida State had six student-athletes earn All-ACC Honors. Sydney Sherrill led the back being named the ACC’s Defensive Player of the Year for the second straight team. She was joined on the All-ACC First Team by Devyn Flaherty and Kathryn Sandercock. Caylan Arnold was selected to the second team and Kalei Harding and Dani Morgan were selected to the third team. Flaherty and Harding were also named to the All-Freshman Team.
- Through 48 games this season, the Seminoles have shown their speed recording 104 stolen bases in 116 attempts. Devyn Flaherty and Elizabeth Mason lead the Noles with 16 stolen bases.
- The Seminole offense has scored 254 runs in the first 48 games of the season. This has come as the Seminoles have put together 103 total extra base hits, including 37 home runs and 61 doubles to go with five triples. Kalei Harding and Cassidy Davis are leading the way. Harding has nine doubles, three triples and five home runs, while Davis has seven doubles, seven home runs and one triple.
- Caylan Arnold and Kathryn Sandercock are leading the Seminole pitching staff. They have combined for 30 wins and 211 strikeouts. Arnold leads Florida State with 122 strikeouts and Sandercock leads the team with a 1.17 ERA and a 21-1 record.
- The Florida State pitching staff has combined for a 1.70 ERA good for 8th best in the country.